Friday 2 January 2015

Foundation Review #2 | Revlon Colorstay 24hr Foundation


Hi Guys, and Happy New Year! 

So I thought I'd start 2015 off with a quick foundation review. I was getting ready for a night out with friends to bring in the New Year and wanted to try a new foundation. I'm having a real love/hate relationship with the Makeup Forever HD Foundation that I bought in New York in October- the coverage and longevity is impeccable, but it breaks me out!!! *sad face* And although you all know I love my Bareskin Foundation (review here) but unfortunately it tends to have a little flashback- and when you are on a night out- you want Kim K style coverage. 

I took a little trip to Superdrug to see what foundations where out there that wouldn't really break the bank just to try out. I remember that Revlon Colorstay was one of the first foundations I ever tried. I guess my makeup obsession kind of took off and forgot all about it. 


Revlon says-

‘' Want makeup that is flawless and weightless for 16 perfect hours? Revlon has the solution - ColorStay™ Makeup Normal/dry. Specially formulated for normal or dry skin, this oil-free, moisture-balanced formula gives you flawless looking skin. Makeup looks fresh and feels great for up to 16 hours thanks to the lightweight, comfortable feel from the SoftFlex ColorStay™ Formula. Medium to full coverage, with SPF 15 protection'' 

I'm so glad they have a different formula for two skin types. I obviously went for the normal to dry option. I seem to remember that they formula was quite thick, cake and matte looking the first time round- or maybe that was just my 15-year old self deciding that "more is more".

I tried this foundation for my New Years celebrations and I can say that I really enjoyed everything about it. The coverage is definitely medium- but buildable without being cakey. It felt light and I didn't even have to wear concealer for any blemishes- always a plus in my book!

I decided to get the shade "Buff" which I think it the second lightest shade they do. I wasn't wearing an fake tan for New Years so it seemed to match really well- and I could even wear it in the daytime too as it looks so natural.  They sen to have a really good colour selection of about 10 shades.

I used both my Real Techniques buffing brush and then pressed over with a damp beauty blender to make sure everything was evenly blended- and the results were really smooth flawless looking skin- that still looked like my own. 

The thing that I like most about this foundation is its longevity. Even after a lot of dancing, sweating, alcohol and even being rained on!- my makeup was still in place. If anything I had to top up a little which comes with every visit to the club toilets-  but thats just a habit. Even with the product having an SPF of 20 it didn't seem to flashback at all. Woo!!

 

The only thing I wish this foundation had is a pump. You don't really have much control on how much you are using and if you pour too much- its just a waste. I would imagine that with this foundation being retailed at £12.49 that it would come with some sort of pump?? Sort it out Revlon!!



Overall, I really love this foundation and feel like I have re-discovered an old favourite! 

Hope it you all had a lovely Christmas/New Year and Happy 2015!!

Liss xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig