Sunday 11 January 2015

New Year Skin Detox - Changes for 2015


Everybody says it come January 1st- New Year, New Me. Resolutions can be hard to stick to, be it dieting, quitting smoking or drinking less alcohol, most of us never see it past January. 

I admit I am one of those people who always says " right, this year is the year, I'm gonna be the healthiest person come summer!" and I get to about half way through February and fall off the band wagon. 

I think the easiest way for me to stick to something is to set realistic targets. There is no point in someone like me depriving myself because I'm going to want it even more.

So this year, I've decided that I'm going to pace myself to try and become more healthy. I want to concentrate on my skin and feeling better about myself physically. So here are a few changes that I've decided to make :-

SKIN

Being a beauty blogger I am always tempted by products. I am so easily influenced! And 9 times out of 10 I go back to what I'm used to- mostly to fix the problem that my wandering eye has caused :(
I think the best thing for me, (and for my skins sake) is to stick to products that I know work, and have a simple routine. As you may know from a previous post- I am a Liz Earle girl at heart. 

STEP 1- CLEANSE

This is the most important step in any skincare routine. One or two pumps to a dry face, I gently massage for about a minute and half to a dry face or full face of makeup. I then run the muslin cloth included and "polish" away the remains of the cleanser. The muslin cloth gently exfoliates the skins, without irritation, to leave the skin refreshed and revitalised. I usually do this twice if I have been wearing makeup- one to get rid of the makeup, and one to actually cleanse the clean skin. 

STEP 2- TONE

I use this on a cotton pad and sweep over the face after cleansing. You can buy the toner in a spray form for a refreshing spritz, even throughout the day. I think this product really helps to give some radiance back to the skin and make your skin feel clean and luxurious. 

STEP 3- MOISTURISE

The last step in simple skincare is to moisturise. This is probably the best moisturiser I have ever used- I know thats a dramatic statement to make, but it's no exaggeration. It is perfectly balancing, softening moisturiser which conditions the skin for a natural glow. I massage a pea-size amount onto my face and neck after toner, and that is the basically my morning routine down.

And for a little something extra :- 
  • Liz Earle Superskin Concentrate- I love this at night before my moisturiser just for an added little boost of conditioning for my skin. The smell is so aromatic and actually calms with its use of 100% pure plant oils! It softens dry and mature skin and can balance oily/ combination skin. 
  • Liz Earle Soothing Eye Lotion- Suffer from tired puffy eyes? This is the answer to your problems! Simply pour some lotion on some cotton pad and place on eyes for 10 mins. I even sometimes put them on when in the bath and it feels great!
  • Bare Minerals Blemish Remedy- You all know I love me some Bare Minerals. This blemish remedy is great to just pop on either over makeup or just after your skincare to really get deep down and destroy those buggers! 


BODY

If you know me personally, you will know that I have a bit of an obsession with Miranda Kerr. Her beauty, fashion and lifestyle has always interested me and I've always tried to incorporate that into my own lifestyle. I was reading through her Kora Organics Skincare Line's blog just to look closer into the world of the former VS angel. She regularly talks about the benefits of dry body brushing. So when I was online looking at Liz Earle products, I noticed that Liz Earle actually sells her own body brush -why not go for it?

Dry body brushing is a natural healing practice which involves brushing all over a dry body, followed by a shower or bath.

Benefits of Dry Body Brushing:-

  • Lymphatic Drainage
  • Removes Toxins
  • Decreases the appearance on cellulite
  • Exfoliates the skin
  • Strengthens skins pores
  • Assists stimulation



So far it seems to be working really well, I've been doing all of the above plus exercising and drinking a lot more water and green tea. Hello beautiful skin!! 

WHAT ARE YOUR NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS?

Liss xxxx






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig