Tuesday 18 November 2014

Foundation Review #1 | Bare Minerals Bare Skin Foundation


It's all about the face!

I've been a fan of the mineral foundation from Bare Minerals for a couple of years, but when I heard that the liquid foundation was due to be released I thought YES! Thank the Lord above!

Now I know this foundation came out this summer, but after wearing it for a nearly 5 months I think it's time to review it. And oh my lord.. this is a beauty!

So a quick background of what the product is. 

"Our first ever mineral foundation and skincare serum in one. This ultra-thin, skin-perfecting fluid provides seamless adjustable coverage, a natural finish and the look and feel of beautiful skin. Supercharged Lilac Plant Stem Cells and Vitamin C help to reveal brighter, more even-looking skin tone. It's like nothing you've ever felt before."

I completely agree! When I first tried it on my face the feel reminds me so much of the Loreal Nude Magique Eau De Teint foundation (which I love) where it kind of feels like your makeup on, but it does't look like your have makeup on, but you can tell you have coverage, but its really light and looks so natural. 

I originally bought the shade Bare Linen 03 when I first purchased it for summer. I bought it straight from QVC direct which scared me a bit because I hadn't seen the full shade range (there are 20 shades all together - eek!) but I was really happy that it matched perfectly. I recently had to buy the shade Bare Porcelain 01 for the winter time, which again matches perfectly. I would say that this foundation gives me a good 7 hour wear before my t-zone starts to become slightly oily towards the end of the day . I feel if you have dry/normal skin this would be perfect for you, and if you have a slightly more oily skin, I would recommend to use a blotting powder just to touch up throughout the day. 

So Bare Minerals recommend to apply the product with the Perfecting Face Brush which is a unique buffing brush style applicator with a "fluid reservoir" which holds the drops of foundation. Personally, I didn't bother buying the brush, because I have a million and one foundation brushes, and I'm sure this brush is amazing, but it wasn't for me. I enjoy applying this with either the Real Techniques Buffing Brush, or a damp Beauty Blender. 

The coverage is light to medium but definitely build-able. It recommends that you should start with 1-2 drops. Or you can use 3-4 for a medium coverage and 5-6 drops for full coverage. I always want a full flawless coverage so I usually use 5-6 drops (i'm just in denial about my fat head) on the back of my hand and then dot around my face and blend. It has a natural, dewy finish to it which is good because I am definitely not a matte-foundation fan. The one tip I would give before you apply, it to shake the bottle really well. It is super-concentrated, so the more you shake it, the less chance you will have of the foundation being really runny and thin. 

It currently retails for £26.00 which to me is kind of an in the middle price for a high-end style foundation. Believe me I have paid ridiculous amounts of money looking for the perfect foundation, so this is somewhat reasonable to me. But if your looking to try this before christmas, or maybe want to drop the hint to your boyfriend, friends or family to add to your christmas list, it currently is on sale on FeelUnique for a limited time only. Trust me you will not regret it!

(Apologies for the foundation filled makeup applicators)

Let me know your thoughts.

Liss xxxxx




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig