Wednesday 10 May 2017

Finally Loving The Skin I'm In

Hi Guys!

This post brings so much happiness and positivity that I've been bursting to write this for while!

Not many people know, but my greatest insecurity is my skin. I'd say since I was about 14/15 I have suffered with spots, more frequently as I've gotten into my 20s. When I was younger, I would just put it down to the fact I was a teenager, using the excuses "it's pubity" "this is normal" "it will go eventually" 

Well it didn't.

Now I'm not going to go on and on making out I had the worst case of acne ever and I wore a hat whenever I left the house because I didn't, but for me, my skin made me feel insecure and un-pretty. I remember on quite a few occasions, crying to my mum and dad about the state of my skin as I just thought it was so unfair that I could just be blessed with that crystal clear face.

As I have a fair complexion, spots were a lot more noticeable. I had the horrible under the skin, red boil-like spots. My face would look sore and it didn't help that I had the worst habit... I was a picker!

I have tried a lot of avenues to try and combat my skins problems. I tried the tropical prescribed creams, tablets, facials and most of the high-end skincare programmes. You name it, I've tried it! As a lover of all things beauty, I could never stick to one product either - I should have listened to my mother!

So I saw the advert for Proactiv + and normally I don't (or try not to) buy into the TV shopping adverts. I would just laugh at them and think.. yeah sure.. Nicole Scherzinger has boil like blemishes just like me and this miracle £40.00 skincare system beats all the £1000.00 diamond facials she gets, along with her nutritionist and personal trainer, like who are you trying to kid?

But I couldn't escape them. The current UK campaign is fronted by Hollyoaks star Jorgie Porter. She explains how she has always had problems with her skin, stemming from her teenage years and that Proactiv + was her saviour. One morning (after a cheeky little win at Ladies Day at Aintree) I thought, you know what.. what have I got to lose? I'd tried everything else!


I thought, if I'm gonna do this, I've gotta give it my full attention! So I threw away all the cleansers, moisturisers, makeup removers etc and wanted to have everything I use on my face be from the Proactiv + Range.

So this is what arrived in my package and I've used strictly for the past 30 Days:

Skin Smoothing Exfoliator 60ml
 - I was a bit sceptical about using this at first. I heard countless bloggers and skin experts say that if you have acne or blemish prone skin, using any exfoliator with any beads, is going to spread and aggravate your skin.
I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The cleanser is so smooth and the beads are so tiny and not harsh at all. My skin feels smooth and fresh. I usually wet my face and massage in a coin size amount of cleanser and wipe off with a hot flannel. A nice little tip also is to run the flannel under hot water, rinse the excess and just press it on your face for about 30 seconds. It really opens your pores for the treatments to come.

Re-texturizing Toner 59ml
- This is a little added extra that isn't included in the main line. It freshens the skin one you've cleansed and really help with the overall texture of your skin. I didn't really enjoy sweeping the toner over my face with a cotton pad. I bought a spray pump and added that to the bottle to spritz over my face after cleansing.

Pore Targeting Treatment 30ml
- This is the miracle worker! This smoothing serum like gel feels so velvet on my skin, its so so soft! It kills bacteria and removes excess oil from the skin whilst working deep in the pores to break down all that nasty gunk that causes your breakouts. My skin feels smoother and brighter and I've actually noticed a massive difference in the size of my pores and my face isn't as red and high pigmented as it once was.

Complexion Perfecting Hydrator 30ml
- This cream brings you instant hydration and again contains salicylic acid which targets your breakouts. I always suffered with flakiness and dry patches when a breakout arrived or the aftermath! My skin is even and clear and feels a lot softer. My makeup sits a lot better also, lasting a lot longer than usual.

Bonus Gift: Skin Purifying Mask 28g
- This was a nice little freebie! This mask contains sulphur so its perfect when your skin is having a little tantrum and you want to have a good deep clean. I've found myself using it as a spot treatment and leaving it overnight. The breakout is flatter, less red and clears within a couple of days. No need to pick anymore!

Mark Fading Pads x5
- I started to use one of the pads every night for the last 5 days of my 30 day trial. And wow!
One sweep of these every night has honestly eliminated about 70% of the marks I've just learnt to deal with in the past. They help to remove excess oil and other impurities. One minor disclaimer though, if you have a new breakout or a healing spot, this stings like a Mutha F* and your face can look a little red straight away - but trust me - it calms down and you'll have radiant clear skin!

So, what difference did 30 days make?

Now for the results... *queue monkey covering eyes emoji*

   

Now, I'll be the first to admit, the final photo had the help of some good lightning, but I would never EVER of thought there would be a day where I would reveal my skin without makeup on the internet. But at nearly 24, I've just gotta grow some balls and embrace the skin I'm in.

I'm so happy I chose Proactiv + and in fact just received my second order today. I have no doubt that my skin will ever be completely spot free - I'm a hormonal woman! - but I can honestly say I have never had as good of a results as the results above^ and after just 30 days! Anything that can just help me combat my skin is good enough for me.


Liss x





























SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig