Wednesday 4 February 2015

Makeup Icon: Edie Sedgwick


Marilyn was the sexy one, Audrey was the classy one, and Grace was the elegant one. 

But when it came to the 60's coolest chick, it was all about Edie Sedgwick.

Nobody could quite master the wild child look like her- and she could do whatever she wanted, when she wanted, and no-one was going to stop her.

I recently visited the Tate Art Gallery in Liverpool Albert Dock to see the "Transmitting Andy Warhol" Exhibition before it was planning to leave my city. Now I'm the type of person to feel quite intimidated by visiting art galleries, as I'm not one of these people who necessarily "gets" and appreciates art. 

Of course I saw all the defining pieces Warhol had produced such as the iconic Marilyn Monroe pop art print, but I was really drawn in by the fashion elements of the exhibition. One piece I really loved included this style icon and Warhols biggest muse. I think its clear to see that her style is not going anywhere, and will inspire fashion and beauty for years to come. 


Lets talk makeup...

Its all about the eyes! BOLD, BLACK, THICK LINES. And don't even worry about being neat. Line the crease of your eye with a black or dark eyeshadow and then slightly run over your crease with a black liquid eyeliner. Then line the top lash line with the same eyeliner. Then add TONS of mascara to the top and bottom lashes.

Edie was also a lover of a thick brow. If you have fair brows, fill in with a dark brown eyebrow pencil or shadow- think Cara Delevingne but thicker...

The base is light but flawless. Either Bareskin Foundation/ MAC Face & Body would be perfect. You want to use something that is light- but buildable without being cakey. Nothing really on the cheeks as her eyes where the main focus.

High Five to Edie my nude lip lover!! Keep the lips minimal - natural and nude.

As I'm not makeup artist, if you would like a more in-depth, step by step tutorial on how to recreate this look, I highly recommend you watch Sam Chapman of Pixiwoo Youtube Video! She gets it down to a T.


Who are your makeup icons?



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig